National Framework for Prevocational Medical Trainees (PGY1 & PGY2)
WA's Support Resources
The Australian Medical Council (AMC) have finalised the National Framework for Prevocational (PGY1 and PGY2) Medical Training. PMCWA aims to support health sites with this transition and will provide updates on this webpage. PMCWA will provide additional information to this website over the coming months in a staggered approach. Alternatively, you can find all the AMC resources right now on the AMC website, background information and FAQs.
Please click on the links below to learn more about some key components of the Prevocational Framework.
Visit this page if you have any feedback or questions.
- One Pager (key information about the Framework)
- Change management slides
- Summary flyers for supervisors
- Summary flyers for PGY1s and PGY2s
- Framework overview presentation slides
- Guide to Prevocational Training for Supervisors
- Guide to Prevocational Training for PGY1 & PGY2
- Training and assessment requirements for prevocational (PGY1 & PGY2) training programs
- National standards and requirements for prevocational (PGY1 & PGY2) training programs and terms
- AMC domains and procedures for assessing and accrediting prevocational (PGY1 & PGY2) training accreditation authorities (for PMCs only)
- Example programs for PGY1 and PGY2