WA's Implementation Plan
Workshop #1 Wrap Up:
PMCWA would like to thank attendees for their valuable contributions at our recent workshop, which took place in February 2023. The focus of the workshop included using the new clinical experience terminology to update current matrices, the Assessment Review Panel (ARP) and proposed guidelines surrounding leave relief for PGY1s.
Following this workshop, health sites are working towards the following to assist in preparing for the upcoming 2024 intern recruitment:
- Reclassify the current terms (moving away from 'core' and 'non-core') to Undifferentiated, Acute, Chronic and Perioperative/Procedural and differentiate which terms provide 'specialist' and 'non-specialist' experience.
- To prepare for convening the first Assessment Review Panel by end of term 1, 2023
- Liaise with the AMC to confirm details of the supervisor training, in particular the key learning outcomes, potential duration, format of the training and how RPL will be considered.
- Request the AMC include supervisor compliance in the e-Portfolio specifications.
The next workshop is scheduled for Wednesday 31 May. Keep an eye out for an email from PMCWA!
The Australian Medical Council (AMC) have recently announced a staged approach for the implementation of the Framework, with PGY1 components to be implemented by 2024 and PGY2 components by 2025. PMCWA will work with sites throughout 2023 and 2024 to prepare for these implementation dates.
It is likely that the e-Portfolio will also be implemented in 2025, although this is pending approval from the national Health Chief Executives’ Forum.
PMCWA will continue to provide support on all aspects of the Framework. Some key strategies which PMCWA will be providing in 2023 include:
- Framework Implementation Workshop
- Accreditation training
- Medical Education Unit information sessions
- Medical Workforce training information sessions
- Supervisor Information sessions
Information about the above will be sent to relevant stakeholders, including medical education and medical workforce staff. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
AMC have recently published the following documents which can be found here