The wellbeing of the prevocational medical officers in Western Australia is a key focus of the Postgraduate Medical Council of WA. Here you will find some key resources to support you during your junior doctor years.
If you or a colleague are finding things overwhelming or are experiencing any difficulties in your personal or professional life, help and support is available.
- Doctors’ Health Advisory Service of WA (DHASWA) has some useful links including COVID-19 specific information.
- Doctors’ Health Advisory Service of WA: Click here to read an open letter to interns in the time of COVID-19 (external link)
- DRS4DRS promoting the health and wellbeing of doctors and medical students across Australia
- JMO Survival Guide developed by the PMCWA and the JMO Forum
- JMO Wellbeing Guide developed by the PMCWA and the JMO Forum
- The Essential Network (TEN) app by the Black Dog Institute which aims to support health professionals manage life and work during COVID-19. The app connects and provides fast, easy, anytime access to evidence-based tools, resources, programs and specialists
- Traffic Lights Flyer was developed by AMSA and AMA and lists the multiple supports available for junior doctors
- Hospital resources: As well as these resources, each site has a Postgraduate Medical Education team (listed below) who you can approach if you are having difficulties coping in your medical career.
Fiona Stanley Hospital
Joondalup Health Campus
King Edward Memorial Hospital
Perth Children's Hospital
Royal Perth Hospital
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital
St John of God Midland